Selected Reports & Highlights
from Advance Illinois
Advance Illinois is continually involved with important issues in education reform.
- Our SIG Progress Report examines the reforms unfolding in 10 Illinois schools that have received federal School Improvement Grants.
- Our Making Teacher Evaluations Meaningful presentation provides an overview of our April 2012 conversation about Illinois’ emerging teacher evaluation systems with Charlotte Danielson and Sara Ray Stoelinga.
- Our Educator Advisory Council allows especially talented educators to add their perspectives to ongoing reform efforts and policy initiatives.
- The State We're In, a biennial report initially released in 2008, is the first full assessment of Illinois' educational performance from birth through higher education. The State We're In: 2012 provides a look at where Illinois stands today on the steps to readiness, and where we need to go.
- Our commissioning of the National Council on Teacher Quality's Illinois report represents a baseline effort to examine the design of Illinois' teacher preparation programs.
- We recently hosted a day of Sharing Best Practices at two successful Chicago turnarounds, allowing teachers and administrators from around the state to soak up what these schools are doing well.
- We have recently helped construct Illinois' first report for creating a statewide, research-based kindergarten assessment process - the Illinois Kindergarten Individual Development Survey.